The ALARMS version of MediCollector is software solution for monitoring and managing clinical alarms and for improving alarm response and reducing alarm fatigue in a hospital environment. Alarm data is streamed from patient monitors across the network to the MediCollector Server and stored in database Server. Through a web-based portal, users can login and view live alarm information and actionable alarm reports. A collection of off-the-shelf reports are provided, which can be used to improve alarm response times and reduce alarm fatigue in hospitals.
- Collects alarm information directly from patient monitors
- Alarms are streamed across existing network infrastructure to a central server
- Web-based portal for viewing live and historical alarm statistics
- Reporting tools for analyzing efficiency and reducing alarm fatigue
- Data can be filtered to narrow-in on trouble-spots, by floor / ward / unit
- Alarm data is stored in an SQL Server database, and can be queried using 3rd Party Tools (e.g. Crystal Reports)
- Data can be exported to other tools (e.g. Excel) for further reporting and analysis
Compliance with NPSG 2014
In 2014, the U.S. Joint Commission released a set of National Patient Safety Goals for addressing the risk of alarm fatigue in U.S. hospitals. MediCollector ALARMS will help you address these requirements, and provide you with the tools to track your improvement processes.
A collection of reports are provided for analyzing alarm activity in your organization. Utilizing unique proprietary statistics, you can analyze alarm response efficiency, and reduce alarm fatigue. Additional reports can be created by exporting data to Excel, or using 3rd Party Tools such as Crystal Report.
For a complete list of supported patient monitors, please see our list of supported devices.